If you are thinking to get into the mobile app business, this is a must-read book before you get into this industry. This book explains how to do business planning for your mobile app to help you create the optimal mobile app strategy and avoid common mistakes. Read this book before writing a single line of code or hiring a developer.
Here is the link to the mobile app book on Amazon.
This is the second edition of the book. In the second edition of this book I added more mobile app marketing strategies, and a more objective discussion of the mobile app business as an industry.
If you would like to license this book to give away for free on your website or to resell on your website, visit this page to learn about the PLR ebooks licensing options available for this mobile app marketing and business book.
This book is available in two formats. On the Amazon page linked above, you can choose the Kindle version (it is cheaper) or the paperback version.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DON'T HAVE A KINDLE: You don't need a Kindle device to read books on the Kindle. You have two options if you don't have a Kindle.
You can read the book on the Kindle cloud reader, or you can read the book on the Kindle app for your Android phone or iPhone.
Here is the link to the Kindle cloud reader for you to be able to read the book on your computer, possibly as you are working on your mobile app business plan and strategies.
CHAPTER 1: EXAMINING MOBILE APPS AS A BUSINESS
1. Welcome - read this first
2. My Story
3. Creating The App
4. Brief Mobile App Marketing Introduction
5. Brief Mobile App Monetization Introduction
6. Setting Reasonable Goals For Your App
7. On Which Platform Should You Release Your App First?
8. Basic Business Planning Questions To Ask Yourself Before Beginning Work On An App
CHAPTER 2: STRATEGIES TO PROMOTE A MOBILE APP<
1. App Store Search And ASO
2. Publicity And Press Coverage For Your App
3. Social Sharing From Social Networks
4. Social Sharing And User Invites Generated From Inside Your App
5. Website Promotion
6. Cross Promote And Partner With Other Apps And Websites
7. Pay For Advertising
8. Email Marketing And Growing Your Email List
9. Speak At Events
10. Create A YouTube Channel
11. Keep Your App Freemium
12. Google Search (SEO) For Your App Store URL
13. Establish A Presence On Any Large Platform
14. Become A Great Marketer
15. If Your App Is Android, Release It On Multiple App Stores
16. Participate In Forums
17. How To Ensure That You Get Good App Reviews
18. How To Avoid Bad Reviews In The App Stores
19. 3 Ways To Launch Your App
20. Translate Your App’s Title And Description To Other Languages
CHAPTER 3: HOW TO MONETIZE YOUR MOBILE APP
1. Should A Mobile App Be Free Or Paid?
2. How Much To Charge For An App If You Do Make It Paid
3. Making Money With Ads
4. Making Money With Affiliate Products
5. Making Money With In-App Purchases
6. Making Money By Selling Your Own Products
7. Making Money By Selling Services
8. The Whale Monetization Pattern
9. How To Maximize Your App’s Revenue
CHAPTER 4: ADDITIONAL MOBILE APP TACTICS AND STRATEGIES
1. Comparing Mobile App Stores: GooglePlay vs. Apple App Store vs. Kindle vs. Windows Phone Store vs. Blackberry vs. NOOK
2. Should You Develop Your Apps Natively?
3. General Features To Add To Your App That Will Help It Grow And Make Money
4. What Kinds Of Apps Get An Investment?
5. Crowdfunding For Apps
6. 10 Fundraising Strategies
7. Dive Into Mobile App Business Models
8. Mobile App Exit Strategies
9. How To Get Featured In App Stores
CHAPTER 5: COMMON TYPES OF MOBILE APPS AND STRATEGIES FOR THEM
1. Game Apps
2. Social And Photo Apps
3. Dating Apps
Further resources and free gifts to help you
1. 3 Free gifts for you
2. Additional resources that will help you with your events and overall business
How you promote your app should depend on the kind of app you have, and the level of competition in your app's niche. For most apps, the biggest source of downloads is app store search which is achieved by a process called ASO (App Store Optimization). The second biggest source of downloads is social sharing. After that, the next large potential sources of downloads are publicity and being featured in the app stores (Apple App Store and Android's Google Play). This book will cover all these strategies in more detail in a chapter that will focus on marketing for your mobile apps.
While the full list of my business and marketing books is here, there are a few books that might also be helpful to you if you are considering creating a mobile app business. Those books are the business plan book, the marketing plan book, an introduction to marketing book that will give you a marketing foundation and the event marketing book. And since all entrepreneurs ask about raising money at one point or another, here is a link to my fundraising book that can help you raise money. And if your business has to do with local businesses or local business marketing, this local small business marketing book or this flier marketing book might also be ideal for you. An additional important book is my productivity book. Many entrepreneurs struggle with being productive and feel like they never get enough done while their to-do list remains full of unfinished tasks. If you want to get more done every day, check out my productivity book.
If you would like personalized, one-on-one help creating a solid strategy for your mobile app, I can help you. I've built and promoted successful apps of my own and many of my clients, and I can help you as well. Simply email me, and we can get started. I offer business coaching at $100/hour to help you determine if hiring me to help you with your business and marketing strategy and planning is the right choice for you without having to sign up for expensive coaching programs. Here is a page where I explain how you can hire me as a business coach.