If you need to write a business plan, this is an amazing book for you. It covers what to write in every part of your business plan document, gives you a template to follow, and also has a business plan example for you to reference.
Here is the link to the business plan book on Amazon.
In the second edition of this book I added a list of top ten business planning mistakes entrepreneurs tend to make, and added exercises to help you avoid those mistakes in your own business planning.
The entrepreneurship center at the University of Kentucky, one of the biggest American universities, is using this book to teach students how to write their business plans. I, Alex Genadinik the author of this book, was invited to speak at the University of Kentucky on the topic of business planning and starting a business. It is a big honor and a testament to the quality of this book for such a prestigious university to use the book to teach business planning to their students.
This book is available in two formats. On the Amazon page linked above, you can choose the Kindle version (it is cheaper) or the hardcopy version.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DON'T HAVE A KINDLE: You don't need a Kindle device to read books on the Kindle. You have two options if you don't have a Kindle.
You can read the book on the Kindle cloud reader, or you can read the book on the Kindle app for your Android phone or iPhone.
Here is the link to the Kindle cloud reader for you to be able to read the book on your computer, possibly as you are writing your business plan.
Chapter 1: Introduction to business plans
1. What is a business plan
2. When you need a business plan
3. What makes a good business plan
4. What is a business model
5. My personal journey into business plans
Chapter 2: How to write a business plan
1. Executive summary
2. Your product or service
3. What stage of the business are you in?
4. Your target market
5. Your target market size
6. Marketing plan: how will you market to your target users
7. Revenue model
8. The finances
9. Unit economics overview
10. Current team
11. Your competition
12. Previous investors and funding
13. What are you looking for?
14. Business plan appendix
Chapter 3: Business plan example
1. Business plan example
2. My initial business planning thought process when evaluating new business ideas
Chapter 4: Business planning mistakes & exercises to overcome those mistakes
1. There is a list of ten of the most common business planning mistakes with exercises to help you avoid those mistakes.
Chapter 5: Choosing the right business niche
1. What is a business niche
2. Why you need to find a business niche
3. Looking outside vs. looking inside yourself
4. Additional tips on finding a business niche
5. My own mistake when choosing a business niche
6. How to brainstorm business ideas
7. Have real conversations to get real feedback on your business
8. How to talk to industry experts
Further resources and free gifts to help you
1. 3 Free gifts for you
2. Additional resources that will help you with your events and overall business
If you are curious to read an excerpt from the business plan book, here is the chapter on finding your business niche.
This 4-app business starting series will guide you through the 4 of the most challenging parts of starting your business:
- Business idea phase, and getting past it
- Business planning
- Raising money
- Marketing your business
Also, in addition to these apps, try my app that gives you
Udemy and online course discounts and coupons.
This video tutorial shows you how to write your business plan, and walks you through the writing of every section. While the business plan book goes into more detail on every aspect of a business plan, this video tutorial is a great way to learn the basics of planning your company. Watch the video to get a sense of how to start planning your company. And if you find the video helpful, you will love the business plan book because it goes into more detail on all the topics that the video covers.
If you would like personalized, one on one help creating your business plan, I can help you. Simply email me, and we can get started. I offer a 15 minute initial consultation for just $5 to help you determine if hiring me to help you with your business strategy and planning is the right choice for you. Here is a page where I explain how you can hire me as a business coach.