If you are new to business and if you are working on your first business idea or your first business, this is an amazing book for you. This book is practical and current. It will give you the best practices for most challenges you will face while planning and starting your business.
Here is the link to the book on how to start a business that you can buy on Amazon.
If you would like to license this book to give away for free on your website as a lead magnet or to resell on your website, read this page about the Book PLR (private label rights) licensing options available for this book on how to start a business.
This book is available in two formats. On the Amazon page linked above, you can choose the Kindle version (it is cheaper) or the hardcopy version.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DON'T HAVE A KINDLE: You don't need a Kindle device to read books on the Kindle. You have two options if you don't have a Kindle.
You can read the book on the Kindle cloud reader through your computer's browser, or you can read the book on the Kindle app for your Android
phone or iPhone.
Here is the link to the Kindle cloud reader for you to be able to read the book on your computer.
CHAPTER 1: GETTING BUSINESS IDEAS
1. How to get business ideas
2. I have a great business idea but not sure what to do next
3. How to tell if a business idea is good
4. How to get feedback on your business ideas
5. Cheap market validation of your business ideas
6. How to pitch your business ideas
7. Why you should not ask others for business ideas
CHAPTER 2: BUSINESS THEORY AND FUNDAMENTALS
1. Types of business risk: product risk & market risk
2. What to do if you have multiple ideas
3. Business idea mistakes & bad business ideas
4. Different types of business ideas, and which are best
5. Business idea evolution: how to make your business ideas better
6. Top reasons businesses fail
7. Home based business ideas or low risk business ideas
8. Entrepreneur psychology
9. Daydreaming about your business
10. Negative attitudes that can destroy a business
11. Checklist to determine whether your business idea is good
12. How to think about building your product
CHAPTER 3: PROTECTING YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1. 6 Ways to protect intellectual property
CHAPTER 4: PLANNING YOUR BUSINESS IDEA
1. Do you need to write a business plan?
2. What is a business model?
3. How to write a business plan for your business idea
4. Examination on different revenue streams
5. How to maximize your revenue streams
6. Leveraging large platforms
7. Financials: the cash flow statement
8. Example of a popular business model: Freemium
9. Identifying your target market
CHAPTER 5: BRINGING YOUR IDEA INTO REALITY
1. Should you register your business
2. Difference between for profit business vs. non profit
3. How to choose a great business name
4. How to choose a great domain name for your website
5. How to find business partners or co-founders
6. Customer development by Steve Blank
7. The Lean Start-up by Eric Ries
8. How to pursue your idea if you have a full time job & Should you quit your job if you have a business idea
9. Starting a business with no business experience
10. The importance of getting a mentor & how to get a mentor to help you with your business idea
11. When to hire a lawyer, accountant and get insurance
12. How to fail fast and succeed faster
13. Skills you will need to make your business a success
14. Some tips for early stage businesses
15. Example of a timeline with steps for how to start your business
CHAPTER 6: RAISING MONEY
1. How much money should I raise to start a business
2. Bootstrapping: how to start a business without money
3. How to write a fundraising plan
4. How to raise money for your business idea: 8 sources
Many people want to start a business, but do not know exactly where to start, or what might be a good business to get into.
This guide on how to get business ideas is meant to help structure your thinking to help you get new business ideas, and increase
the frequency with which you get business ideas.
Keep in mind, some business ideas may work for some individuals or founding teams, or at a certain points in time,
but may not work for other people, or at other times. Success or failure depend on many factors. Some of those factors are the skills,
strengths, motivations, ambitions and abilities of the entrepreneurs, in conjunction with overall timing, demographic trends,
market conditions, and a number of other factors.
Before you decide on a single business idea which you will pursue with all your might, you want to get many business ideas of
various quality as possible so that you have many to choose from. Later in this book, I'll explain how to determine which business
ideas are the best for you, and how to improve the business ideas that you already have. For now, let’s go over some fundamentals
and patterns for how you can structure your thinking to increase the frequency with which you get business ideas.
This 4-app business starting series will guide you through the 4 of the most challenging parts of starting your business:
- Business idea phase, and getting past it
- Business planning
- Raising money
- Marketing your business
Also, in addition to these apps, try my app that gives you
Udemy and online course discounts and coupons.
If you would like personalized, one on one business coaching to help you plan and start your business, I can help you. Email me and let me know what exactly you'd like to start learning, and we can get started. I offer an initial 15-minute consultation for just $5 to help you determine if hiring me to help you with your business is the right choice for you. Here is a page where I explain how you can hire me as a business coach.